• Games are two 15-min. straight time periods (5 min. break between).
• The rink measures approximately 70 ft. by 140 ft.
• The goals are 6 ft. inside length by 10 in. inside height.
• No goaltenders, no goalie sticks or goalie equipment.
• All players are required to wear hockey skates (no figure skates, goalie skates or long blades)
• All players are required to have home and away jerseys, if not bibs will be given in the case of teams with the same color.
• Skates, gloves, stcks and helmets are mandatory. Shin pads and cup recommended. Full gear optional.
• Entry fee is $200 + $100 deposit per team, all players must be 19 years or older to play.
• $100 returned if teams meet the volunteer requirements (5 hours help per team with set-up, during event or takedown)
• All players are to sign waivers before playing.
• Teams are limited to 6 players with a maximum of 5 dressed and 4 on the ice at one time.
• Teams may substitute players at any time 'on the fly'.
• The tournament clock and horn manages all games.
• Games & periods will start and end at the sound of the horn.
• Games begin with home team puck possession at center ice.
• The 2nd period starts with visiting team having puck possession.
• Players to clean ice with shovels and brooms following each game.
• There will be no overtime: win = 2 pts. & tie =1pt.
• Champion team in each division is the one with the most points.
o ties will be settled by:
performance against each other
team with the fewest losses
team with biggest goal differential
team with most 'goals for'
• Cash prizes awarded to 1st ($1000), 2nd ($500) for Crystal Cup participants.
• Top 2 teams receive trophies for the Crystal Cup and top team for the Coal Cup and Sapphire Cup.
• Presentation of all cups to take place afternoon of Sunday, February 19th following the championship game.
NOTE: Registration to begin December 12th through Ernie's Sports Experts in the Totem Mall with a deadline for all registrations on February 10th, 2017 (No exceptions)
All players and teams must ready to play at least 15 minutes prior to game time. There